Canon Zoom 518 Super 8 Vintage Cine Camera
Canon developed its first Super 8 model: the Zoom 518 Super 8. This camera was the first movie camera to use ABS on its exterior, which later became standard. The zoom lens was the same as that of the Cine Zoom 512, marketed in June 1964, except for the rear group, which was newly developed to adapt to the Super 8 format. This was also the first movie camera to employ the TTL (Through-The-Lens) system for light measuring.
- Focal Length/Speed: 9.5 – 47.5mm f/1.8 (14 elements in 11 groups, including 5 new type glass elements). Focal length can be extended to 15.6 – 78mm f/1.8 with the Tele Converter 1.6X
- Zooming Ratio: 5X
- Focusing: Manual (Front lens group rotating method), 1.2 m to infinity
- Zooming: Manual
- Filter size: 48mm
- Rangefinder: Prism screen rangefinder (Micro-prism rangefinder)
- Dioptric Adjustment: -3 to +1 diopter
- Viewfinder Information: Aperture value, exposure meter needle, over/under exposure warnings
- Metering range: ISO 160 f/1.8, 18 fps – ISO 16 f/16, 18 fps
- Film speed: Automatic ISO setting, daylight type ISO 16 – 100, tungsten type ISO 25 – 160
- CCA filter: Built-in. Automatically cancelled when a daylight type film is loaded. Manual switching with trigger grip when a tungsten type film is loaded
- Filming speed: 18 fps
- Footage counter: Counts up, automatic resetting needle type
- Battery: 2 x AA
This vintage super 8 cine camera is ideal for beginners, amateurs and professionals. It’ll produce high quality authentic vintage videos with a real nostalgic and quirky look. It’s in excellent condition and is ready to produce another lifetime of fantastic videos.
All our cameras are tested, 100% working, cleaned and come with a 14-day guarantee. The camera is packaged securely and shipped immediately. Tracked & Worldwide Shipping Available.