Canon Auto Zoom 814 Super 8 Vintage Cine Camera
The Super 8 system had a film pressure plate inside the cartridge, which was unsuitable for high-end cameras. At the beginning, Eastman Kodak did not guarantee a fast lens speed, such as f/1.4. This model was developed to achieve a high-end camera for the Super 8 system. At the beginning, a 6x zoom lens was planned to be attached to this model, but Canon cleared numerous technological hurdles to apply higher magnification with a high-speed zoom lens.
These hurdles included a film-driving technology within the allowance of depth of field by a fast f/1.4 lens, focusing and color reproduction for the Super 8 system, which had mainly tungsten films that always required CCA filters during the daytime. Finally, the Auto Zoom 814 Super 8, which had the world first 8x f/1.4 zoom lens, was introduced to the market.
- Lens: Canon Zoom Lens C8 f : 1.4 \ F: 7.5-60 mm
- Composition: 18 elements in 13 groups
- Zooming ratio: 8x
- Focusing: manual, 1.2 m to infinity
- Rangefinder: microprism
- Zooming: auto (6 to 9 sec) and manual, rotation angle of 100 degrees
- Filter size: inner diameter: 58 mm, outer diameter: 60 mm
- Viewfinder: single-lens reflex type with adjustable eyepiece: -3 to +2 diopter
- Viewfinder information: aperture value, exposure meter needle, over/under exposure warnings and film ending indicator
- Exposure: auto and manual exposure control; TTL Servo EE with a CdS exposure meter
- Metering range: 250 ASA, f/1.4, 12 fps - 16 ASA, f/22, 24 fps
- Film speed: automatic between 16/25 and 160/250 ASA (daylight/tungsten)
- ASA notching: no-pin = slide
- Filming speed: 12, 18, 24 fps, single frame
- Shutter opening angle: 155 degrees
- Shutter speed: - 1/29 seconds at 12 fps - 1/43 seconds at 18 fps - 1/58 seconds at 24 fps
- CCA filter: built-in 85Avfilter, automatically cancelled with loading of a daylight type film cartridge; manual cancellation is possible
- Sound: double-system, sound recording with symchronized tape recorder
- Remote control socket: yes
- Cable release socket: yes
- Movie light contact: no
- Film counter: automatic resetting by opening the side cover
- Handle: retractable, chamber for penlight batteries
- Film drive motor: DC micromotor
- Battery check button: yes
- Battery: 4 x AA
This vintage super 8 cine camera is ideal for beginners, amateurs and professionals. It’ll produce high quality authentic vintage videos with a real nostalgic and quirky look. It’s in excellent condition and is ready to produce another lifetime of fantastic videos.
All our cameras are tested, 100% working, cleaned and come with a 30-day guarantee. The camera is packaged securely and shipped immediately. Tracked & Worldwide Shipping Available.